This role will support all business operations of the Athletic Department while assisting in the continued development of the data architecture with the Department’s data warehouse provider.
This position will assist in building new data integrations while working together with other members of the Analytics team to identify, create, and populate optimal data architectures, structures, and systems.
This individual will ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the organization; help facilitate getting data from a variety of different sources, getting it in the right formats, and assuring that it adheres to data quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in designing and connecting various data sources to the department’s data warehouse in order to automate processes across business units.
- Work with data warehouse vendor to ensure data timeliness and accuracy while identifying new sources for integration.
- Work closely with third party partners to troubleshoot technical issues and to find opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to address specific business questions and produce actionable insights
- Maintain advanced knowledge of software/database best practices and make recommendations on improvement of data systems.
- Possess solid organization skills and the ability to communicate effectively to internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Monitor and support the and management of all customer-related data employing data governance methodologies to ensure cleanliness of fan database and its appropriate use.
- Document various data warehouse sources and workflows.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or similar field
- Expertise with at least one scripted programming language (R/Python, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with SQL and cloud data storage
- Experience using data to solve complex problems in fast-paced environments.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, manipulating API’s and building ETL pipelines.
Master's Degree, Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc. Former student-athlete experience, Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Apply at https://erecruit.umsystem.edu/psc/tamext/COLUM/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=6&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=6&JobOpeningId=45925&PostingSeq=1&