PRIMARY PURPOSE: Partner with leaders across the organization to bring process, structure, and data together to address key organizational challenges and opportunities. In doing so, drive sustainable, profitable growth by improving the fan experience and/or the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness. Collaborate with departments to not only surface these opportunities but develop plans to take action against them, tools to monitor progress, and a process to continue to learn and improve moving forward. Potential project work could be helping the organization to: Research the landscape of various sales channels (i.e., primary and secondary) and develop a point of view and recommendation on what might be best for the Guardians going forward
Identify new opportunities to either tailor the physical or digital fan experience to enable the Guardians to better deliver on shifting expectations
Conduct studies on various trends in sports, entertainment, and/or general customer experience to identify opportunities to transform the way the Guardians deliver experiences for our fans
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
Strategic Analysis & Project Management
- Partner with department leaders (e.g. Sales, Concessions, Ballpark Ops, IS, etc.), analytics team members, and Consumer Research (where relevant) to assess the current state of the business and to identify and evaluate growth or efficiency improvement opportunities
- Identify relevant best practices from within and outside of the industry
- Design new strategies, tools, and tactics to address key opportunities
- Build tools and systems to monitor new approaches, tools, and strategies, measuring their impact over time and gathering feedback to continuously improve
- Develop clear documentation and partner to create a transition plan to embed capability for ongoing use of new strategies, tools, and tactics within the department
Process Design, Creation & Improvement
- Assess prioritized business processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and/or efficacy
- Engage key stakeholders and synthesize internal and external best practices to inform process design
- Lead projects to design or redesign business processes and present recommendations for solutions to business leaders
- Craft a plan to monitor and refine processes on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Partner with department leaders (e.g. Concessions, Ballpark Ops, IS, etc.) to establish an approach (or further build upon existing approaches) to guide annual business planning within that area to help achieve the organization’s Strategic Priorities
- Build tools and systems to support the business planning process
- Develop inputs into budgeting and forecasting where relevant
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Business Analytics or other relevant field is required
- A minimum of 1-3 years relevant internship or work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar role is required
- High quality strategic analysis competencies – performs hypothesis-driven analysis with only broad oversight and passion to create decision tools to support business team
- Ability to understand implications of analysis and probe deeper when confronted with inconsistent or insightful findings
- Ability to draw well-integrated conclusions and tell a cohesive story from insights and analyses
- Understanding of statistics and experience in regression analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of Tableau, SQL, or R is a plus.
- Must have a growth mindset to learn and use new software which improves work efficiency and output
- Proven initiative and the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate your point of view by way of various communication mediums
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners
- Reads, speaks, comprehends, and communicates English effectively in all communications.
- Represents the Cleveland Guardians in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with members of the Front Office.
- Ability to act according to the organizational values and service excellence at all times.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and have a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark.
- Ability to work in a diverse and changing environment.
- Occasional physical activity such as lifting and carrying boxes up to 25 lbs.
Interested applicants can set up a 1:1 at the 2023 Sloan Sports Analytics Conference with either Miranda Burt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Urs Fischer (email@example.com).