The application period for the SSAC 2019 Startup Competition and Trade Show is now closed. We received a record number of applicants this year, thank you to all who applied!
An eligible company must meet the criteria listed below. If selected to attend the Startup Competition & Trade Show, the entry fee to participate will be $3,500.
• Have not raised over $15 million, as of date of application
• Have participated in one or fewer MIT SSAC Startup Competition & Trade Shows
• Founders of the applying companies must retain some portion of ownership in the company
Trade Show: All participating startups will be given an allotment of space, in a prime location of the conference, to showcase their product or service to conference attendees during both days of the conference. In addition, the trade show is a valuable networking and business development opportunity for all startup participants. Stakeholders from across the sports industry such as investors, corporate sponsors, media companies, professional athletes, general managers, customers, and more will be among conference attendees.
Startup Competition: All participating startups will be divided into competition tracks, based on funding levels. Each startup will have 5 minutes to present their business and explain how their company is revolutionizing the sports industry, followed by short session of Q&A with a panel of judges. The winner of each competition track, as determined by our panel of judges, will be awarded a $5,000 cash prize.
The entry fee for companies that are selected to participate in the Startup Competition & Trade Show includes:
• Two exhibitor passes to the 2019 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference (March 1-2, 2019)
• Participation in the Startup Competition to compete for $5,000 cash prize
• Participation in the Trade Show (a table in prime location to interact with conference attendees during both days of the conference)
• Labor and setup expenses for the provided Trade Show table (potential extra costs for special requests)
• 22” flat screen monitor for Trade Show (larger monitors available for fee)
• Wi-Fi Internet connection for Trade Show