2017 Startup Competition & Trade Show
Keeping in line with SSAC's commitment to innovation in sports analytics, the Startup Competition & Trade Show provides an opportunity for selected startups and small companies to showcase their innovations in the fields of sports-related devices and services.
This year, up to 16 startups and small companies will be selected by the SSAC committee to present their products and/or services to potential customers, business partners, investors, and employees. Up to eight companies will be chosen to participate in each of two Competition tracks, which will be determined based on revenue, funding, or other participant criteria.
Entries are closed for this year. Thank you for applying!
Applying companies must:
• Have been founded no earlier than January 1, 2012
• Not have raised over $15 million as of time of application
• Have participated in one or fewer past SSAC Trade Shows
• Founders of the applying companies must retain some portion of ownership in the company
• Have application in one of two categories: Devices (sports-related hardware) or Services (sports-related software / technology platforms)
**Startup Competition & Trade Show Summary**
• All participating startups and small companies will be given an allotment of space, in a prime location of the conference, to show their product or service to conference participants
• All participating startups and small companies will also compete for two $5,000 cash prizes, one for each track, as determined by our panel(s) of judges. Participants have “5 Good Minutes” to explain their business and how their company is revolutionizing the sports industry, followed by 3 minutes to respond to questions from the judges.
**Entry Fee Summary**
The $3,000 entry fee for companies that are selected to participate in the Trade Show covers:
• Two tickets to the conference (March 3-4, 2017)
• Table in prime location to interact with attendees and panelists
• Hynes Convention Center labor and setup expenses (potential extra costs for special requests)
• Wi-Fi Internet connection; 22” flat screen monitor (larger monitors available for fee)
• Participation in Startup Competition (5-minute presentation, 3-minute Q&A to panel of judges + cash prize)
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com
if you have questions. We encourage you to sign up for our mailing list (http://www.sloansportsconference.com/about/newsletter/
) so you can receive the latest information about the conference.
Good luck and we look forward to reviewing your application!
See below for examples of successful participants from previous years.