2019 Daily Fantasy Challenge Coming Soon!
Take a look at the challenge from 2018:
2018 Daily Fantasy Challenge
DraftKings, the sports-tech media and entertainment platform, invites graduate students to enter the inaugural Daily Fantasy Challenge! Graduate students from around the globe will be tasked with creating and presenting a new sport concept to DraftKings executives. The proposed idea must integrate with the DraftKings Fantasy application and must pertain to one of the following topics:
- A new game/sport product for Tennis, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), Cricket, or Rugby
- A new game variant of a current sport that DraftKings offers (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, CFL, Golf, Soccer, MMA, NASCAR or Esports).
A set of finalists will be selected to present their ideas during the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference and compete for the top three prizes!
In order to register successfully, an individual or team must adhere to the following eligibility criteria:
- A team may include up to three individuals (i.e. one, two, or three applicants)
- Each applicant must be a graduate student
- Each applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
Registration is closed for the 2018 MIT SSAC Daily Fantasy Challenge.
Please contact the Interactive Events team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. We also encourage participants to subscribe to our newsletter in order to receive the latest information about the conference!
The table below outlines the preliminary event dates for the competition:
|Registration Deadline||January 5, 2018|
|DraftKings Material Distribution||A set of prompt materials and competition guidelines will be sent to all registered individuals and teams.||January 15, 2018|
|Deliverable Submission Deadline||Each team will be required to submit a presentation, as defined by DraftKings competition guidelines.||January 25, 2018|
|Finalist Notification||The top 3 finalists will be notified of their selection to present at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.||January 31, 2018|
|Final Round Presentations||Each finalist will present their new business concept, followed by a Q&A session with a panel of judges.||February 23, 2018|
The event finalists are eligible to compete for the top three prizes, which will be awarded following the 2018 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference:The event finalists are eligible to compete for the top three prizes, which will be awarded following the 2018 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference:
- 1st Place: A $2,000 team cash prize, an internship with DraftKings (exact dates to be determined by DraftKings), and a lunch with DraftKings CEO, Jason Robins, during the 2018 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference
- 2nd Place: A $500 team cash prize, plus four tickets to a basketball or baseball game (exact dates to be determined by DraftKings)
- 3rd Place: A $250 team cash prize, plus four tickets to a basketball or baseball game (exact dates to be determined by DraftKings)