Keeping in line with SSAC’s commitment to innovation in sports analytics, the Accelerator presented by Reebok provides an opportunity for selected teams to develop their innovative, data-driven and consumer-focused idea designed to help bring the sport of fitness to more consumers. Five teams will be selected to pitch their idea at the conference for a chance to win access to up to $50k in funding, access to Reebok senior executives, office space, equipment, networking mentorship and access to top talent inside media, fitness, professional sports and retail.
Reebok is a brand that isn’t afraid to take chances. Their founder, J.W. Foster, created the first running shoe in 1895. They were the first to make fitness cool in the 1980’s, and invented “The Pump” that revolutionized the basketball shoe. They changed the face of sports licensing in the 1990s. Now they’re on a quest to share something that they’re passionate about – the belief that fitness can make us all better human beings.
Innovation is in Reebok’s DNA, and they are looking for students, individuals or early-stage startups to pitch an innovative, data-driven & consumer-focused idea to help bring the sport of fitness to more consumers. They are not just looking to cut a check and make an investment, rather they are looking for a partner that believes in Reebok’s mission to develop the next big idea to help share the sport of fitness with others.
Accelerator Timeline (all times Eastern Time)
|Fri. 1/20 11:59pm||Applications due|
|Fri. 2/3 11:59pm||Finalists notified and invited for on-site with Reebok|
|Sat. 2/24 11:59pm||Final presentations submitted|
|Sat. 3/4||Conference presentations|
The competition consists of the following phases:
Teams submit proposals. Based on the judged merits of their submissions, 5 teams will be selected as finalists.
Finalists will be invited to Reebok’s Canton, MA office for an in-person meeting and immersive brand day/workshops in the month of February during which they will have the opportunity to meet company leaders and Reebok brand partners and athletes.
- Conference Competition
Finalists will submit presentations that they plan to use at the conference. The five finalists will be given 10 minutes at the conference to present to and answer questions asked by a panel of judges, who will choose the winning team.
Proposals should be submitted online at this location, and must follow these guidelines:
- The name of your team and each team member (no more than 4 team members per team)
- A short brief (1,000 words or less) that describes your idea, with an emphasis on how you can bring the sport of fitness to others. Be sure to focus on how Reebok can help make your idea a reality.
- Include up to 4 charts, images or other non-text assets to support your idea
Applying teams must:
- Consist of no more than 4 team members, ages 18+
- Present an original idea, developed by team members
- If teams represent an existing company, the team members must retain at least 50% of the company
- Teams that are selected to present in the final round must be willing to purchase a ticket to attend the final presentation at SSAC 2017
The winning team will be eligible to receive:
- Access to up to $50k in funding;
- Access to senior executives, office space, equipment, networking and mentorship; and
- Access to top talent inside media, fitness, professional sports and retail
During their site visit, finalists will receive prizes including:
- Reebok products and apparel;
- Opportunities to meet Reebok brand partners and athletes
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We encourage you to sign up for our mailing list (http://www.sloansportsconference.com/about/newsletter/) so you can receive the latest information about the conference.